If you have received an email with no found ebay items listed for one of your Alerts, please don't worry.
Our goal is to make sure that you receive a valuable service which includes avoiding sending you email alerts containing lots and lots of ebay items.
StuffAlert is designed to help you find exactly what you are looking for. If too many items are being found you may be getting information that is of little use to you. It may be appropriate to edit your alert by making your search more specific. By making you aware of this situation we hope to help you manage your alerts before you get overloaded with unwanted eBay item information.
So how does this feature work?
- If 50 items or more* are found the Alert email will not contain the ebay items we found for
that Alert. It will also suggest actions you might want to take.
(*If more than 150 items are found click here to find out more).
- Found ebay items for the Alert will be listed in 'My Found Stuff'.
On receiving an Alert Notification of this type we suggest you :
- Sign in and go to your Account
- Click on 'My Alerts' and edit the Alert to make it more specific.
This should help focus your search so the results for that Alert more closely match exactly what you are looking for. If the results are proving useful you can of course chose to take no action.
Why did I suddenly get more than 50 items found for an Alert?
Well there are a couple of possible reasons:-
1. As part of the migration to StuffAlert 2.0 improvements were made in the way StuffAlert synchronises with ebay categories.
The result of this change was that there were some instances where categories you may have used no longer existed. In this situation the default was to use 'All' categories for the Alert. Also keywords originally used may have been very specific and focused for the category and item being searched for. Therefore the search criteria (keywords and/or category) may be now be too broad as a result of the changes made increasing the number of found ebay items.
2. The other reason could be an ebay Seller or Sellers have genuinely listed a large quantity of items that match your Alert. As a result StuffAlert is finding hundred(s) of items that match your Alert and senting you an Alert email containing this information. We therefore give you the opportunity to refine your search as you see necessary to get the results you are looking for.